Revival Scriptures: The Bible is full of scriptures that tell us about revivals. In fact, the entire Bible is a story of God’s people being revived again and again. In the Old Testament, we see how God revived his people after they had been in captivity for many years. In the New Testament, we see how Jesus revived a dead man with just a word. And in the book of Acts, we see how the early church was revived after being persecuted.
The Bible is full of great revival scriptures, but sometimes we need a little extra help finding the ones that apply to our current situation. If you’re looking for the best revival scriptures, look no further! These five verses will help you feel closer to God and more motivated to live your best life.
2022 Revival Scriptures
- Isaiah 6:5 – And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
- James 4:6 – But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
- Jeremiah 30:17 – “For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal,” declares the Lord, “because they have called you an outcast: ‘It is Zion, for whom no one cares!’”
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- James 4:8 – Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- 1 Kings 18:21 – And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16 – For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:17 – Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
Scriptures On Revival
- Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Ephesians 5:14 – For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
- Habakkuk 3:2 – O Lord, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O Lord, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.
- Hosea 6:2 – After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him.
- Psalm 85:6 – Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?
- Psalm 80:19 – Restore us, O Lord God of hosts! Let your face shine, that we may be saved!
- Isaiah 57:15 – For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.”
Scriptures For Revival and Spiritual Awakening
- Jeremiah 33:3 – “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.”
- Jeremiah 6:16 – Thus says the Lord: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’”
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Matthew 24:14 – “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
- Matthew 6:33 – “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
- Psalm 119:107 – I am severely afflicted; give me life, O Lord, according to your word!
- Psalm 119:154 – Plead my cause and redeem me; give me life according to your promise!
- Psalm 80:18 – Then we shall not turn back from you; give us life, and we will call upon your name!
- Revelation 3:20 – “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
- Romans 1:16 – For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Scriptures About Revival
- Psalm 119:25 – My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word!
- Psalm 19:7 – The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
- Psalm 22:27 – All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.
- Psalm 51:10 – Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
What Is Revival Biblical Definition?
In Christianity, revival refers to a renewed interest in following the teachings of Jesus Christ. This can manifest itself in individuals becoming more devout in their personal lives, or in churches seeing an influx of new members. Sometimes, revivals are large-scale events where tens or even hundreds of people come to Christ at once. No matter the form it takes, revival is considered a positive force within Christianity.
A revival is a return to popularity of something that was once popular. The word can refer to the revitalization of a religious movement, art form, or political ideology. It can also refer to the reopening of a business after it has been closed for a period of time.
A revival is an event in which a church congregation or community comes together to experience the presence of God. This can be done through prayer, preaching, worship, and other means. Today, revivals are happening all over the world as people come together to seek God.